ASK FOR TRANSTEC®
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPTAKES IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING AND PARTICIPATION ONLY IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”), AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. YOU MUST BE LOCATED IN ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR D.C. AT TIME OF ENTRY.
- SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY DATES: Entry into the Ask For TransTec Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on November 2, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on August 31, 2019 (the “Entry Period”) (note that entry into the weekly drawings ends on August 25, 2019).
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty United States and District of Columbia who are: (a) at least 18 years of age or older as of the Sweepstakes start date; and (b) at the time of entry and through the completion of the Sweepstakes: (i) have internet access; (ii) have an email address (which must remain the same throughout the Entry Period, and (iii) must either be employed in or own a transmission specialty shop, employed at a volume remanufacturer, or work as a transmission technician in an automotive repair operation. Employees, contractors, contributing writers, editors, directors and officers of Freudenberg-NOK General Partnership, d/b/a as “Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies” and/or its sales channel Corteco ("Sponsor"), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, retailers, distributors, licensees, licensees’ employees, manufacturers, web design, advertising, and fulfillment agencies involved in the administration , development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, "Sweepstakes Parties"), and the immediate family members of each (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or "step" of each), and those living in their same households, are not eligible to participate. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, visit transtec.com/ask (the “Sweepstakes Website”) and submit the required information on the official online entry form including your first and last name, phone number, e-mail address; shop name and address. Limit one entry per person and per email address. Use of multiple e-mail addresses to enter is prohibited. You will receive one (1) entry to the Sweepstakes regardless of how many times you submit a form; however, any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by that entrant.
- Grand Prize: One (1) winner will receive one Complete Conference Package at ATRA Powertrain EXPO 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada; round-trip coach air transportation for one from the major airport nearest winner’s home in the 48 contiguous United States to Las Vegas, NV (McCarren International Airport) on a carrier selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion; 4-nights single occupancy hotel accommodations (October 30-November 3, 2019) at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, NV, and a $250 VISA gift card. If the winner does not live in the contiguous United States, he/she will be responsible for the costs of traveling to the contiguous United States and will then receive the prize package from the location within the 48 contiguous United States where winner is located on October 30, 2019. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s travel office and trip must be taken on the dates specified above. All expenses not specified herein, including but not limited to, meals, taxes, insurance and gratuities are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Winner must possess all required travel documentation, and must present a valid credit card upon hotel check in to cover any incidental charges and damages. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $2500.
- Weekly Prize: A total of forty-two (42) weekly prize winners will each receive one (1) technical training seminar conducted by either Automatic Transmission Services Group (ATSG) or Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association (ATRA). Technical training seminars must be completed by December 31, 2019. A list of available seminars can be found www.atra.com (ATRA) or www.atsg.biz (ATSG). Winner can choose date and location of preferred training and is responsible for all costs and expenses associated with attending the training seminar other than the seminar admission fee including, but not limited to (i) travel (ii) meals (iii) lodging (“Weekly Prize”). (ARV of each weekly prize: $211)Grand and Weekly Prizes hereinafter referred to as “Prizes” or each a “Prize”.Total ARV of all Prizes: $11,362.Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a Prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded as planned, in whole or in part, for any reason. By accepting a Prize, winner acknowledges and accepts sole liability for the inherently dangerous nature of and risks in such Prize, including but not limited to personal injury and or death. The ARV of the Prizes represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of a Prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. ll federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the Prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for lost prizes or missed seminars.
- WINNER SELECTION: Grand Prize Winner will be selected at random by Sponsor through a random number generator from among all eligible Entries on or about September 2, 2019 (“Drawing Date”). Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible Entries received during the entire Entry Period, including entries previously selected in weekly drawings.Weekly Winners will be selected at random by Sponsor through a random number generator from among all eligible Entries received from the start of the Entry Period through midnight EST of the Sunday prior to the weekly drawing. The weekly drawing will occur each Monday beginning November 12, 2018 and ending August 26, 2019. Limit one weekly prize per person for the entire Sweepstakes. Weekly winners are not excluded from winning Grand Prize. Odds of winning in a weekly drawing depend on the number of eligible entries received as of the deadline for submitting an entry for that drawing.
Sponsor’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential grand prize winner will be notified by email, phone and/or mail courier within approximately fifteen (15) business days after the end of the Entry Period (the “Prize Notification”) and will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (collectively, the “Winner Claim Forms”). The potential winner (or winner’s parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) will be required to return the completed Winner Claim Forms to Sponsor within 10 days of the date the Prize Notification was sent. If Prize or Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable, if Sponsor determines the potential winner is ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if completed Winner Claim Forms are not received within the prescribed period, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, chosen at random from the remaining eligible entries received, provided that adequate time remains to do so. After three (3) attempts to award the Grand Prize, if a winner has not been verified, the prize may not be awarded.
Weekly winners will be notified by email, and will have seven days to confirm eligibility by completing an online form. Upon completion of the online form, confirm weekly winners will receive instructions on how to set up their technical training seminar. If the weekly prize notification is returned as undeliverable or is unclaimed within the time frame specified, or if Sponsor determines that the potential winner is ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, chosen at random from the remaining eligible entries received, provided that adequate time remains to do so and there are a sufficient number of entries. If a confirmed winner does not utilize a weekly prize by the expiration date for completing the seminar, the prize will be forfeited and nothing will be awarded in lieu thereof.
- OTHER CONDITIONS: By accepting the Prize, the winner consents to the use of his/her name, photograph, quote(s) and/or likeness for advertising/publicity purposes in commerce and in any and all media worldwide without limitation or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By accepting the Prize, winner also agrees to release Sweepstakes Parties from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind incurred with respect to participation in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of the Prize, or participation in Prize-related activities, including but not limited to travel related thereto. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. By entering, entrant acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and agrees to release Sweepstakes Parties from any claims, losses, actions, or damages, whether actual, incidental or consequential, arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions/entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by the Sponsor or its agents for any reason, (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone, cable or satellite transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes or (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. Sponsor is further not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of the entries. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries per these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPTS BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
ALL DISPUTES RELATING TO ANY ASPECT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO THE STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS OF THE STATE OF OHIO, U.S.A. ENTRANTS IRREVOCABLY CONSENT TO JURISDICTION OF AND VENUE IN THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS OF OHIO.
- WINNERS’ LIST: To obtain the names of the Grand and Weekly Prize Winners, send a properly stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Ask for TransTec® Brand Awareness Sweepstakes Winners’ List, 11517 State Route 13, Milan, OH 44846. Requests must be received by October 31, 2019.
- SPONSOR: Freudenberg-NOK General Partnership, d/b/a as “Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies” and its sales channel Corteco, 11617 State Route 13, Milan, OH 44846.© 2018 Freudenberg-NOK General Partnership, d.b.a. Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies and its sales channel Corteco. Printed in U.S.A. All rights reserved.