BMW TF-72SC 6-Speed Automatic Transmission Teardown
The BMW TF-72SC 6-Speed Automatic Transmission was first seen on several BMW and Volvo models like the BMW DS4 and Volvo V40. Now this 6-peed Transmission is found in many other BMW, Volvo, Mini, Peugeot, Donfeng, Ssangyoung, and DS applications. Here’s what you’ll see in this teardown video:
- External Cooler Removal — 0:20
- Pan Removal — 2:05
- Valve Body Removal — 4:37
- Case Separation — 6:50
- Pump Removal — 9:20
- 3-5-Rev Drum Removal — 13:25
- Band Apply Servo Removal — 16:28
- Center Support Removal — 16:56
- Rear Planetary Removal — 17:50
- Low / Rev Clutch Removal — 19:20
- 4-5-6 Drum Removal — 20:40
- Low / Rev Piston Removal — 21:20
- 1-2-3-4 Drum Breakdown — 23:19
- 4-5-6 Drum Breakdown — 25:15
- 3-5-Rev Drum Breakdown — 26:45
- Valve Body Breakdown — 28:05
- Solenoid Breakdown — 35:28
TransTec Products for TF-72SC 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
Overhaul Kit TF-72SC 2013-UP (w/o Pistons / Duraprene Pan Gasket)
Overhaul Kit TF-72SC 2013-UP (w/ Pistons / Duraprene Pan Gasket)
Automatic Transmission Seal Kits and Tools
TransTec® automatic transmission seal kits continue to be produced with the same high quality and dependability as when the brand debuted in the automotive aftermarket in 1978. As a brand of Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies, the world’s largest producer of sealing products, TransTec® is the only aftermarket overhaul kit brand that is both an original equipment manufacturer and holds ISO-9000 certification. These are just a few of the many reasons why more transmission professionals install TransTec® kits than all other brands combined.
TransTec® Transmission Seal Kits available worldwide
TransTec® brand transmission seal kits have been supplied to the automotive aftermarket since 1978 and are available through distributor all around the globe.
Need to ID the Transmission in a Specific Vehicle?
Access the TransTec® Online Transmission Application Guide — the original guide to automatic transmissions by vehicle.