DATA PRIVACY DECLARATION
Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our company. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We want you to feel comfortable and safe when visiting our website. We process personal data in accordance with the data protection regulations of the country in which the responsible office is located. This data protection declaration applies only to the website of transtec.com, not for websites to which links may be provided.
Our website may contain links to websites of other companies to which this data protection declaration does not apply. The purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and use of your data is the responsibility of the respective operators. For more information, please see their data protection information.
Last updated: May 25, 2018
- Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that is personally identifiable to you, e.g. your name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) The party responsible pursuant to Art. 4 para. 7 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
11617 State Route 13
Milan, OH 44846
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address and perhaps your name and telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data created in this context after storage is no longer necessary, or restrict its processing if statutory retention obligations apply.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual aspects of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. We also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
- Your rights
(1) You have the following rights vis-à-vis us with regard to personal data concerning you:
- The right to information,
- The right to correction or deletion,
- The right to limitation of processing,
- The right to oppose processing,
- The right to have the data transferred
(2) You also have the right to complain about our processing of your personal data to a data protection supervisory authority.
- Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) When using the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you don’t register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- The IP address
- The date and time of the request
- The time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- The content of the request (specific page)
- The access status/HTTP status code
- The amount of data transferred in each case
- The website that the request comes from
- The browser
- The operating system and its interface
- The language and version of the browser software.
- Language and country
- Browser settings and installed plug-Ins
- Data on the use of our website
Cookies are small text files that often contain a unique identifier and that a web server stores on your hard drive. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server for the domain that stored the cookie on your computer. They often consist of a series of numbers and letters that clearly identify your computer, but they may also contain other information.
Some cookies (so-called “session cookies”) are only stored for the duration of your visit to our website. Other, long-term cookies can still be stored on your computer after your visit, and our website can access them (the so-called “ID cookies”) every time that you visit our websites. Other companies can store and call up some of the cookies that are stored on our website during your visit.
You can personally control whether cookies are actually stored using the security settings on your browser -- by not accepting cookies from the outset or by only accepting them on request or ensuring that cookies are deleted every time your browser is closed. Please be aware that this can restrict the usability of certain website services and that certain services or sections of the website can only function properly with the placement of cookies.
- Transient cookies (temporary use)
- Persistent cookies (time-limited use)
- Third-party cookies (from third-party providers)
- Flash cookies (long-term use)
a) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They in particular include session cookies. They store a so-called session identifier that can be used to assign various inquiries from your browser during the shared session. This allows your computer to be recognized when it returns to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or you close your browser.
b) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a prescribed time period, which can vary based on the cookie. You can delete these cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
c) You can configure your browser setting as you desire, and refuse to accept third-party cookies or even all cookies, for example. But in that case, please be aware that you might not be able to use all the functions of this website.
d) The flash cookies in use here are not captured in your browser but rather in your flash plug-in. They store the required data, whatever browser you are using, and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not want flash-cookie processing, you have to install the appropriate add-on, for example Better Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome.
This stored information is saved separately from any other data submitted to us. The cookies data in particular are not associated with your other data. You will find further information in our data protection regulations.
COOKIES FROM THIRD-PARTY COMPANIES
This website integrates YouTube videos. When the site is called up, cookies are stored on your computer. But YouTube also files non-personal, use-related information in other cookies. You can find Google's data privacy declaration here, which also applies to YouTube.
Cookies used by Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
This cookie is used by the analytics.js library to store a unique client identifier (Client ID), which is a randomly generated number. Once the ID is generated it's stored in the cookie and is included with each hit / request sent to Google Analytics. This ID is later used by Google Analytics servers to calculate user, session, and campaign data.
- Other functions and offers on our website
(1) Besides the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. Here, you must provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are checked regularly.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, competitions, conclusion of contracts or similar services together with partners. For more information, please provide your personal data or see the description of the offer below.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
- Objection to or revocation of the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have given it to us.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you may object to processing. This is the case if processing is not necessary, in particular to fulfil a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask that you explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing your data.
(3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us of your objection to our advertising by sending an email to email@example.com.
(1) With your consent you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The goods and services advertised are listed in the declaration of consent.
(2) To register for our newsletter, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. This means that we will send you an e-mail to the specified e-mail address after you register in which we ask you to confirm that you would like the newsletter to be sent. If you do not confirm this within seven days, your registration will be automatically deleted. If you confirm your wish to receive the newsletter, we will store your e-mail address until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. This data is stored solely for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. Furthermore, we store your IP addresses and the times upon registration and confirmation in order to prevent misuse of your personal data.
(3) The following fields are mandatory for sending the newsletter: Title, first name, last name, company, country, city and e-mail address.
After we receive your confirmation, we will save this data for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. Your entries in the fields “company,” “country” and “city” help us to avoid duplicates in the system. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe to the newsletter. You can cancel your subscription by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a message to the contact details you’ll find in the imprint.
(5) We would like to point out that we evaluate your user behavior when sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the e-mails sent contain so-called web beacons, also known as tracking pixels. These are single-pixel image files that link to our website, enabling us to evaluate your user behavior. Links received in the newsletter also contain these IDs. The data is collected personally, the IDs are linked to your other personal data in our CRM system for marketing and optimization purposes. The information collected in this way is stored by the newsletter provider on its server in the United States. You can revoke this tracking at any time by unsubscribing to the newsletter. You can do so by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail, or by sending an e-mail email@example.com. Such tracking is not possible even if you have deactivated the display of images in your e-mail program by default. In this case, however, the newsletter will not be displayed in full and you may not be able to use all of the functions. If you display the images manually, the tracking referred to above will be performed.
With the data obtained in this way, we create a user profile to tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. We record when you read our newsletters, which links you click on in them and deduce your personal interests. We link this data to the actions you take on our website.
- The use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service offered by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” text files that are placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will reduce your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area beforehand. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and be shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with further services associated with website and Internet use.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp().”IP addresses are thus further processed in abbreviated form, so that a personal relationship can be ruled out. As far as the data collected about you is personal, it will be excluded right away and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. We can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield,
www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(6) Third party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
User terms: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html
Overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the data protection declaration: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for device-independent analysis of visitor flows, which is carried out via a user ID. In your customer account under “My data,” “Personal data,” you can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage.myaccount.google.com
(8) Data at the user and event level linked to cookies, user IDs and advertising IDs (e.g. DoubleClick cookies, Android advertising ID, IDFA [Apple Advertiser ID]) will be retained by us for 14 months before it is automatically deleted.
- Involvement of third-party services
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offering. These are stored on www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated into the “extended data protection mode,” i.e. no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube if you don’t play the videos. The data mentioned in paragraph 2 will only be transmitted when you play the videos. We have no control over this data transmission.
(2) By visiting the website, the third party provider receives information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned in this declaration will be transmitted. This is regardless of whether this third party provides a user account through which you are logged in, or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to the plug-in provider, this data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider, you must log out before activating the button.
(3) The plug-in provider will store this data as user profiles and use it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation takes place in particular (also for not logged in users) for the provision of demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right.
(4) For more information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider, please refer to the data protection declarations of these providers found below. They will also provide you with more information about your rights and privacy settings: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy
Google also processes your personal data in the USA and complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Privacy information when using Facebook plug-ins
The TransTec website contains programs and plug-ins from the social network Facebook. This is the button with the Facebook logo and the corresponding “Share on” message. The social network is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (hereinafter Facebook). All data processing processes in this context are not carried out by us, but rather by Facebook. It is not known exactly what data processing operations Facebook performs when and after a fan page is called up by a user. Therefore, we can only provide the following information based on the currently available level of knowledge:
When you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook collects information about your actions, interactions and movements within its social network, which Facebook Inc. uses to optimize its personalized direct marketing profile for each user for its own business purposes and links to your profile and registration information and other information provided by you or others within the social network. For the purpose and scope of data collection by Facebook and for further processing and use of your data there, as well as your rights and setting options in this regard, which you have to protect your privacy, we refer to the Facebook data protection information, over which we have no control (http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/).
Even if you are not logged in to Facebook, Facebook Inc. stores and uses data on the operating system, the browser version, IP address and the place of origin derived from it.
In addition, Facebook can also recognize you as an unlogged/non-registered user via “cookies” and use the statistical data obtained from your next login or your first registration with Facebook to form your profile.
Twitter und LinkedIn
“Tailored Audiences” and “Conversion Tracking” by Twitter and LinkedIn offer the opportunity to target existing users and customers who have visited the TransTec website with relevant campaigns. This is done by Twitter and LinkedIn using a website tag to store anonymized user data. When a user visits our website, a Twitter or LinkedIn cookie is placed in the browser.
TransTec adheres to the guidelines for Conversion Tracking and Tailored Audiences of the company Twitter (https://support.twitter.com/articles/20172376).
Users who wish to deactivate interest-based advertising on Twitter can do so, for example, via the respective unsubscribe mechanism defined by Twitter (currently here: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20171528).
You can change your privacy settings on Twitter at twitter.com/account/settings.
Data protection information can be found under twitter.com/privacy.
At LinkedIn, you can decline interest-based advertising here www.linkedin.com/psettings/enhanced-advertising.
The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.